Saturday, April 6, 2013

Website updates

I purchased a new domain name today: www.ExploreWithHypnosisMN.com.

I did a lot more visibility work on my website today, including updating my Google Places profile and adding my profile to several other search sites. After playing with keywords, updating my Google places, etc. I'm now on the first page - mostly - I think. It was also pointed out to me that the www.explore-with-hypnosis.com wouldn't do very well due to the hyphenated name.
Unfortunately, www.ExploreWithHypnosis.com was already taken, which was why I had picked the hyphenated URL. Now, hopefully that change should correct the 'hyphen problem'.


The biggest change I made was to enter a new profile on Thumbtack.com. This is a service to allow people to request quotes from professionals. It looks pretty extensive, providing a lot of Q&A to address questions that people would typically ask. It also allows you to put your photos up there, your YouTube channel and other details. It's a cool site, with lots of ways to describe your business, etc.