Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A day of twists, turns and progress.

This was a day of twists and turns. First thing in the morning, I discovered I had overslept. Then, when I looked out the window, I found we had had about an inch of snow on the ground (we're supposed to get about a foot this evening). It was a scramble to make it to my Wednesday morning networking meeting, and I ultimately got there about a half-hour late. Too late to get in on breakfast we normally have there.

In addition, as I was driving to the meeting I discovered that my car was about to die. So instead of the rest of the activities I was going to work on, I ended up at the garage getting that fixed. Instead of getting to my next meeting, I ended up at the garage waiting for the verdict on my car.

Eventually I got it - the thermostat had failed in such a way that it was causing the coolant to leak all over the place. As a result, no heat in the car and a pegged temperature gauge. And that's just what I could see/feel. What was going on in the engine itself, I don't want to think about - but only lasted until I got to the garage, which was only a few tens of minutes. Finally, I got a loaner car and I was off to the next meeting.

This was part of another little adventure in life - the Circle of Healing Arts is looking at moving. We are bursting at the seams, with all practice space full and several more practitioners wanting to join. We have been looking at buildings with more space. One or two buildings look attractive but the jury is still out - and we need to move relatively quickly as one of the people who is joining the coop is at the end of her lease in her current place. Yet as so often happens when you have a number of people involved in a decision, it results in a lot of considerations.

We have several different areas of practice all coming together to form a complimentary healing clinic. The end result will be one-stop shopping for anyone looking for integrative wellness. Hypnotherapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, energy work, yoga and meditation, you name it - it will all be available in one location. For a client looking for overall work, the situation should be ideal. So now, we need to find a place where we can grow.

It looks like one place we found will fit the bill and we are making great strides toward finalizing that deal. My hats off to Paula Frost, whom I regard as our de-facto leader in all of this. She has done an amazing job of orchestrating all of this. She has put things like this together before so I can see an experienced hand at the helm. If things go right we will have the deal together pretty soon. I can't wait. It will be great to see this come together. When it does, it will be a truly unique facility and organization - a truly integrative health clinic and a true healers' cooperative. And today looked like progress.

After that, I went back to the garage to get my car. The work was done. The heat works and the engine temperature is rock solid once again. In addition, my wallet is considerably lighter than it was at the beginning of the day - not the kind of weight loss I had in mind. :-)

So in the end, it was a day of twists and turns, including bleak gray skies, snow falling and cars crapping out - and then, finally progress.