Thursday, September 27, 2012

For every end, there is a new beginning

I did my final session at The Healing Loft in northeast Minneapolis this afternoon. It was a wonderful way to finish, doing very heart-warming work with someone who was ready to move beyond fear and pain and into light and confidence. It is my passion, my reward. It is why I do this work.

Unfortunately, it was probably the last session I will ever do at that location. They are closing their doors as of the end of the week (or probably the next week or two, depending upon how their shutdown goes). So that means I need to find a new location. For the moment, I'm now back working at my home studio location in Brooklyn Center and once again, looking for practice space. Check the location tab on the Explore with Hypnosis website

It is the end of a (rather brief) era. I started working there in January, not too long after I left my day job. It was the ideal opportunity for me. I was able to rent space by the session, to pay as you go, allowing me to build up my practice without having to jump feet-first into a full-time rental of space.

I'm really gonna miss that place. I loved the atmosphere there. Duncan and Katie were absolute sweethearts to work with and the combination of practice space and informal atmosphere were great. It was wonderful to simply have a different place to go to do my work, not working from my home.

Unfortunately, some things don't last. And I learned only Monday that they were going to close their doors. So now, I'm looking for space again.

Hopefully, I can find a similar deal to what I found at the Loft. I'm putting that out to God. Hopefully God will answer that prayer just like the last ones. Yet at the moment, the things that have come back have been somewhat less than encouraging. I've had several disappointments so far. There is a lot of office space open but not much in the form that I'm looking for.

They say that when one door closes, another door opens. I'm eager to see where that new door leads.

In the last couple of months, I have also been finishing (again) my rewrites of The Fifth Key (5K for short) after numerous comments, critiques, etc. Personally, I think it's pretty good. I also just redrafted my query letter and I'm getting ready to send it out. In the mean time, I'm resuming work on Children of the Stars, the sequel to 5K.

I'm also beginning to work on the second edition of The Cosmic Bridge, something I've been putting off for a long time. Time to get to work on that.

I said I wanted more time to write. I guess the universe took me at my word. It will be interesting to see how all this plays out. It is in times of disappointment that we need to remember: For every end, there is a new beginning. After the darkness comes the dawn.