Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The fun never ends...

Well, the fun never ends...

After we got back from the Black Hills, I set to work on my next task, updating my website. Normally, this isn't a big deal; just open Frontpage and make the change. However, there was one little hitch. My old computer died and I am now using Windows 7 (64 bit) on a new laptop. What I found was that Frontpage 2003 doesn't work (at least not very well) on Win7. No problem, I'l just upgrade to the Office 2009/2010 version, right?

Wrong...

It appears that Frontpage is no longer supported. In short, when it comes to Windows 7, there ain't none... So for the time being, my website remains unmaintained as I research - and finally switch over to - a new web software package. Since this is most likely very different from Frontpage - different file structures, templates, etc., it is very likely that in a few weeks my websites will look very different.

Actually, this is a probably a blessing in disguise. I have needed to do some big-time maintenance on my site for some time. I need to bring my site up to Web 2.0 standards, Add some additional features, etc. So it's time to do some major re-architecing.

In the mean time, I've had a few health adventures - nothing I'm going to go into here, save to say that it takes a lot of focus away from what has already stretched my focus a bit thin. It's nothing major, but in between the regular job, a business, updating my novel, etc., having a minor health surprise makes was simply not in the budget.

Where this all goes, I certainly can't predict. All I can say is that the fun never ends...