Sunday, February 23, 2014

A slightly different perspective

Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans. I don't know how many times I've heard that saying, but whenever I hear it, it seems that the Universe is about to show me the true meaning of the saying. This last two month stretch has been no exception.

Christmas was great. I got the chance to meet family that I don't get to see that often. We had a fun time and I got a chance to unwind after a very busy fall of doing hypnotherapy healing sessions. All in all it was a relaxing time - and then, everything changed. 

January 1st, Gwyn's cousin died - completely unexpectedly. It was a bolt out of the blue. While I wasn't all that close to that side of Gwyn's family, the fact that her cousin was about the same age as I am gave me a real pause for reflection - a real "nearer my God to thee" moment. 

Dropping everything, we flew out to Denver, CO and spent time with them - welcoming even if, unfortunately, it was for a funeral. Somewhere in there, I caught a bad head cold. That turned into a sinus infection, then a severe cough. My voice dropped out for over a week - complete disability for a hypnotist. That lasted nearly a month, during which I was nearly unable to see clients. Somewhere in there, my car died as well. Then my back and shoulder went out (probably from the severe cough). So, all in all, life was very "entertaining" during the six weeks from Jan 1 through mid February. 

So why would I be writing all of this poor-me stuff in a blog about hypnotherapy and UFOs and close encounter research? Very simply, having life close in on you gives you a tremendous feel for the things that are important in life - the importance of the other stuff that makes up the human experience. The UFO/CE4 phenomenon is probably the biggest mystery we have in our present day. Yet even while we explore this tremendous question, life goes on. UFO researchers have to live life just like everybody else.  Just because we're exploring fascinating mysteries, doing important work, etc., life doesn't change. 

In talking with several experiencers during this time period, I rediscovered one apparent truth behind the phenomenon. It seems to gravitate to times of strong emotion in the person's life. Raymond Fowler first pointed this out in his book, The Watchers - and after reading that, I kept my eyes open for this in the lives of encounter experiencers. 

Now, in the news on Facebook, and other social media forums where I often dialog with other healers, researchers and experiencers, I find that several have found this same thing to be true. One whose story I've followed closely in recent years, has been accused of some pretty ugly stuff. I know very little of the story behind this, but the ordeal seems consistent with what other experiencers describe - that at some point, the "world" seems to try to kick them in the chops. And my bet is that it will correspond closely with renewed attention from "Them".

The world kicks a lot of us in the chops at various times, as well. And during that time, during a time of strong emotion and personal pain, the phenomenon seems to make itself known in especially strong - and unwelcome - ways. In The Watchers, Betty Luca had a number of close encounter experiences, just as she was experiencing severe family trauma - namely the death of two of her sons. Another friend of mine who is undergoing significant health issues, has suddenly described indications of possible renewed encounter activity. And these are just the ones I can think of at this instant. There are lots more, both in my files from the past, and a few others presently in personal correspondence as my ear gets bent in multiple ways. 

The relationship between the phenomenal interaction and such high-energy points in life is not at all clear. And to intrude as a scientific investigator at such moments in a person's life would certainly not be very kind. The best I can do is to send thoughts, love and caring to those in such situations. I find my ear getting bent a lot, and in the last month or so of challenges I have found myself bending a lot of ears, myself. Later, when the dust settles, perhaps I will learn a whole lot more about the relationship between life challenge and phenomenal interaction.

It's been a challenging month - a time that reminds us of the importance of life, in general. Even while we continue to ask questions at the core of reality, itself, life doesn't let up. Some times events force us to step back and look at both the questions we are exploring, and at our lives overall, with a slightly different perspective.

.