Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Other Craig's List - Publisher hunting for The Fifth Key

It's time to start working on the list - the other "Craig's List"... :-)
That list is very different from the Craig's List everybody is familiar with. And it is also much more limited in scope. Specifically, it is a list of publishers and literary agents for your's truly to send my manuscript to. Yes - my project, The Fifth Key has gotten to that point.

I first started the process of publisher hunting when I was getting ready to release The Cosmic Bridge. I started the process of finding an agent and had several solid nibbles. I sent my manuscript off to one of them and got a significant response back - just not the one I had hoped for... :-)

I ultimately decided that getting "Bridge" published the traditional way would take too long, and the message needed to get to the right ears as soon as I could get it there. So I decided to self-publish it on my storefront on lulu.com, arguably one of the biggest self-pub houses, and to my way of thinking, the most convenient of the POD publishers. But enough about The Cosmic Bridge. Now it's time to focus on The Fifth Key...

The Fifth Key ("5K" for short) is a novel about in-depth alien contact - initially at the close of the last civilization over 12K years ago (the prolog) and then in the present day. Why are they here? In my novel, this remains a mystery. We only know that there are two opposing parties, the Pleiadeans and The Reptillians. Each want different futures for Humanity. And caught in the middle of the conflict are Kip and Susan, two abductees and "Children of the Stars." The result is a tale of anomalies, alien contact, government intrigue and paranormal suspense. And I sincerely hope the reader loves it.

So now it's time to get it out there, time to shop "5K" to agents and publishers. Meanwhile, I am beginning to write the next book in the series, Children of the Stars (both the series name and the sequel name). It took me long enough to write 5K - hopefully Children of the Stars will go considerably faster. Yet like The Fifth Key, "Children" is a work of organic fiction, grown out of the experiences of many people around me - Abductees, contactees, Indigo children, the psychically awakened, men in black, law enforcement, government agents and those who have encountered them - just to name a few.

So here's to the next step - the next line on "the other Craig's list"...