Thursday, March 14, 2013

An interesting synchroniticity

I had an interesting little synchronicity this morning. As I was driving to a Chamber of Commerce networking meeting this morning, I kept getting the song "Mr. Postman" running through my head. I decided that I had somehow morphed mailing a letter this morning (a bill actually) into the song, but outside of that, I have no idea how the song popped into my head. But the story deepens.

I drove through a snowstorm to the meeting - there was a snowstorm at the last one, too - and I got there on time. At each meeting there is a presentation from a particular business. THis one was a senior housing complex nearby. They did a take off of a popular oldies song - you never guessed what it was - "Mr. Postman"

After that, for the rest of the day, things seemed to tie together, some positively, some less so. I had several great sessions with clients, great healing work. Then someone did a really excellent healing session on me - it's great to be working with a group of healers.

Then I had a client who booked with me a couple of days before call me to tell me she had to reschedule. She had had a tremendous tragedy happen to her family. I had just been thinking about her a few hours earlier, wondering how she was doing. Another synchronistic closing of the loop, unfortunately less positively.

I've always been fascinated by these synchronicites. What do they mean? They don't seem to make sense. First they lead one way, then another. Paradoxes of metaphysical and trance logic. Do they contain a message? Are they signs at all? Or are they entirely random?

Looking at them, they don't seem to be coherent. One time something happens, and the universe seems to align in a way that encourages what I'm doing. A few days later, something else happens that throws cold water on the whole thing - almost the exact opposite message. It's as if it can't make up its mind what it's trying to say.

I can only conclude that there is a deeper, hidden message. Maybe it's something I don't get - at least not yet. And maybe that's the true message of the synchronicity.