Friday, March 30, 2012

Mysterious, conflicting signals from the Universe

As I read more about SETI, I read of a worldwide community of scientists listening with radio ears tuned to the Universe. Listening, they hear the faint cry of - nothing.

We have listened for fifty years. We have sent our own radio waves out into the interstellar void. The universe has responded only with silence. Only once has anything been heard - the Wow signal in the 1970s. It never repeated and to this day it is a mystery - a conflicting and ambiguous signal from a mysterious universe.

To me, sometimes this is a metaphor. As I try to forge ahead in my endeavors as a healer, researcher, etc., I find that the signals I send out to the universe are often unanswered. Which direction am I to go? The affirmations and intentions I send out - my signals to the Universe - seem to go unanswered.

We live by the calendar, we die by the calendar. In the last few weeks, as I have been trying to schedule talks, booths at trade shows, networking events, etc., I have found one obnoxious problem always crops up. Many of the events I want to attend seem to occur at the exact same time. Now, for better or for worse, the local chapter has elected me to be state chairman of Minnesota MUFON. It still needs to be confirmed by national before I am Minnesota state director, but for the moment, I am probably state director elect. And as I have begun to take the reins of Minnesota MUFON I find that the monthly meetings - which I now get to chair - fall exactly on top of most of the trade shows I need to attend for my business - things I need to do to attract new clients. We live by the calendar, we die by the calendar.

At the same time, as I do advertizing, networking, speaking, etc., I wonder - what is the response of the Universe to this new entry into the world of freelance healers? Does it care? Do the powers that be simply laugh at this latest pretender? When I put out my affirmations to the Universe, doing the 'law-of-attraction thing', are those words simply hitting a wall of silence? Or is there something else going on there - something I don't even begin to understand?

Occasionally things seem to go great. New clients book, people line up in e-space to buy my books or MP3s. Then it ends. Somebody cancels, somebody's check bounces. Encouraging and discouraging results mix to form a conflicted message - what is the Universe trying to tell me? What is the answer?

More than one seer has told me that the biggest lesson is to not get hung up on outcomes. Presently, people tell me (nearly unanimously) that I'm doing the right things. Yet I continually wish the results would occur faster. Lord give me patience - Now!!!

Ultimately, I am told that only intentions count. We can't control outcomes, only our own actions. Yet I often wonder, am I doing the right things? Is there something else/more/different I should be doing? The divine powers - the universal God that I ask to guide me - is amazingly and frustratingly silent on that question. Sometimes God looks like a god of blind alleys, blank walls and dead ends. Sometimes God is merely a wall of silence. But most of all, God is a god of mystery, with ways far beyond what we can understand.

All we can control are the signals we send out - we have no control, and perhaps little understanding of the signals we get back. We can pray, meditate, put out affirmations, 7th Path recognitions, etc. - ultimately God does what God will. The result can be a lot of random-looking, confusing noise from the world around us. We send out our own signals and get back - nothing.

Analogous to SETI researchers all around the world, I look for signs that something is out there - that I am searching in the right place. Yet what I see is mystery. There must be something out there but the answer is cryptic. There must be a vast realm full of possibilities, yet the Universe sends me silence.

Why? Instead of plenty, why do we get only silent, mysterious, conflicting signals from the Universe? There must be something going on that we don't understand. Perhaps, but if so, only God knows.