Saturday, February 11, 2012

A new morning

Sat up wayyyy to late last night, watching the Ancient Aliens marathon on History International channel (now called H2). I'm not sure if I just wasn't tired, or if my mind was busy working on something. But for some reason, I just could not get myself to go to bed.

Then I got a (probably) crank phone call - well after Midnight (see my last post). That didn't help. So I sat up, intrigued as I watched the show describe a couple of archaeological mysteries I hadn't known of before. It was about 2AM when I finally planked out and needless to say, I wasn't exactly bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning when my two pups woke me up, needing to go outside.

It's a beautiful morning outside. Clear, crisp, not a cloud in the sky, a day that seems to expand one's horizons. And as I sit here plinking away on my laptop, somehow my world view is just a bit bigger, cheerier than it was last night.

They say there are four emotional stages as one deals with a life transition - denial/bargaining, depression, anger and acceptance. Transition can include loss, death, or some other change. In my case, that change is moving from a steady job in a cubicle in corporate America, to freelance work. None of the transitions effects have hit me all that hard, yet at times late at night I find myself sitting up wondering that the heck I am doing?

Another analogy I've heard is that it is like the difference between being a house pet and being a wild animal. Well, now, I guess I'm in the wilderness, and at times, it can be a bit insecure out here...

This week, I bought some advertising on YellowPages.com, and on Facebook. I added some more downloads to my storefront. I did several other things to promote my business. I've done most of the easy stuff and now, at least to some degree, I need to wait for the Universe to do its part. And the feeling I have had in the mean time - now what...?

Another little piece of metaphysical wisdom I've heard - you can't control outcomes. Only intentions. Indeed, this is the case. All I can do at this point is cast my bread upon the waters - and keep casting - advertising, speaking, networking - and hopefully, the Universe will do its part.

Meanwhile, as I'm promoting and waiting, I find a myriad of other things that need to get done - and nearly all involve staring at my laptop. Few if any get me out from within the walls of my home/studio. I look forward to just about any excuse to get out, meet somebody, talk with people, socialize. Especially today, when the state MUFON chapter meets and I look forward to, seeing a few people in the UFO world I haven't talked with for a while.

Anticipation - A nice day. It's pretty outside, the start of sunny, crisp day in late winter, not yet spring. After a late night, it's a new morning.