Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Notes from NGH 2010

A few brief notes on this year's annual National Guild of Hypnotists convention. This year's convention was excellent, by (almost) any standards. As usual, I learned alot. This is one of my key training opportunities, and where I update my CEUs for my hypnosis certification. And this year, just as in years past, the weekend was worth every penny.

The only thing that they didn't have at the convention was me as a speaker - no ego here, of course. :-)
I had put in to do a talk on working with UFO experiencers, which the guild powers-that-be didn't accept. Later on, one of the big wheels involved in the decision explained the rationale to me and suggested how next year it could be reworked. In spite of my dislike of conformance, I think he did have a point.

As usual, there was a wide variety of talks - some on marketing, some on the dynamics of the hypnosis session, some on various hypnotic techniques, several talks on spiritual hypnosis techniques, etc. Lots more to say on all of this later, but suffice it to say, it was a rewarding and useful weekend - and one additional speaker who could have made the weekend complete.

One thing I did do while I was there was recruit hypnotists to help with the MUFON abduction research effort. We are in the process of building a referral list of hypnotists, hypnotherapists, psychologists, MDs, etc. - people who can be available if needed, to work with close encounter experiencers. Any certified hypnotherapists who are interested are encouraged to contact me, as I am presently building up a collection of interested parties.

All for now. Lots more later (presumably...)