Thursday, July 16, 2009

Ramblings before a UFOlogical road trip

Lotsa stuff going on this evening - most of which involves putting stuff in a pile near the back door. Leaving tomorrow noon for UFODaze in Wisconsin, just after work, and I'm looking forward to the shift of gears.

The last couple of days, especially, have been pretty hectic, mostly related to the regular job. I've been pretty heavily involved in one project in particular, the project I'm not really supposed to be working on. The one that I AM supposed to be spending most of my time on, I have really accomplished very little on. The upside down nature of this should worry me, and in years past, it might have. However, in recent times its ability to get under my skin has receded somewhat. Maybe I'm learning a few things from meditation after all...

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to getting together with some folks I haven't seen in a few years. Hopefully, I will see a few of the folks that I met down in Winona a few years ago, at Jerry's get together. One of them was, in a way, an inspiration for one of the characters in The Fifth Key. I won't say which one, but anyone who knows both of us might just figure it out, or maybe not. The correspondence is pretty obscure, but still it's a close match in some ways.

That brings me to the next step in the writing road - trying to get The Fifth Key published. I just saw a brief special on JK Rowling - who is kinda the pinnacle of writing success stories. Its always a pipe dream of mine to somehow have that much luck in getting my stuff out that same door. But then again, it's probably not luck - it's probably skill and perseverence in finding a good agent. Then again, a few prayers might help, too.

I finally got some writing in on Children of the Stars (CotS) - the next book after The Fifth Key (5K). I've mostly been letting it ruminate in my mind for the last few months. However, recently I started to put pen to paper a bit with the follow-on story to 5K. In 5K, the Pleiadeans are the good guys and the reptillians the bad dudes. In CotS, I am asking; are the Pleiadeans really all good and the Reptillians all bad? Or is there more going on under the covers? Some interesting points to ponder as I go spend the weekend in a UFO hotspot, in the company of a quite a few experiencers.

The anticipation of this is building in my mind, as well. I've never actually had anything (at least overtly) in the way of a large, meaningful UFO sighting. While I am extremely supportive of those who have, I wish I would see something - just enough to give me that first hand exposure to the phenomenon. To me, it would give me that inner confirmation that the phenomenon I've dedicated my life to studying is real. While I have no doubt of it's reality overall, as well as it's presence in the livesof many, I still await its entry into my reality as well.

Why do some folks see them all the time, while others like myself seldom if ever do? To me, that's one of the biggest mysteries of the phenomenon. I've heard a lot of ideas on this, and some of them seem to make quite a bit of sense. See my earlier blog postings about DMT, psychic ability and UFO experiences.

Do I just have a closed psychic eye? While I have been told by a number of seers that I am actually somewhat able in PSI abilities, still, in my case the PSI eye to the sky seems to have missed the prize. Since I have my eye to the sky constantly, you'd think I'd see one at some pont. Yet still, I await my first first-hand glimpse of the phenomenon, wondering how my role in all of this fits into the big picture. It's a very big Universe, and a tiny little me - with rather long, convoluted ramblings on the evening before a UFOlogical road trip.